Friday, June 19, 2009

Blood of my blood

I was adopted at birth. One very cool part about the fact that we're expecting a baby is that this will be the first human with whom I've had contact that is a blood relative of my own. I've never met any person in my birth family. I can't make those neat comparisons between my nose and my mom's or my hair and my grandmother's. I've not felt left out or slighted in any way by my adoptive family, but this will be a very different experience for me. When I gaze down at my child for the first time and know that my DNA is apart of this tiny human being, I'm sure that the moment will be incredible.

1 comment:

Jamie - Age 29 said...

I ran across your blog through a link on Myspace. I didn't know what to expect. But this post made me cry! :) I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait for you to meet your precious baby!

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates