Tuesday, June 30, 2009

16 week visit and New Floors!

We went to the doctor again this morning and got to hear our baby's sweet heartbeat :) The doctor said that it was very strong and 154 beats per minute. The first recorded heartbeat was 169 bpm and then the next was 160 bpm. It's slowing down, but that's normal and perfectly ok! I'm still not really showing, but my pants are getting tighter! Dr. Smith says that my weight gain is right on and to ignore what pregnancy books say about only gaining 3lbs in the first trimester. She expects me to gain about 4lbs per month. This made me feel much better. Weight this morning was 131lbs (I was 122 when I went to the doc at the beginning of April).
We are getting new floors in our living room and our master bedroom! We're putting down 12mm laminate flooring. This is much better quality that what most laminate flooring is. It's significantly thicker and has its own pad attached. We decided that we wanted to go ahead and do the flooring because with our baby on the way, I was worried about what kinds of dirt and organisms can live in carpet (even when you vacuum regularly). We're going to save a little more money and do the downstairs rooms as soon as we can. We got a great deal at lumber liquidators. We were able to qualify for 12 month same-as-cash program (which we'll pay off in a few months) and we're paying the installation with money that we've saved. Floors go in on July 16. YEA! This is what our floors should look like once they're down! This is not a picture of our house, but one that I found on the internet. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I love that dark color! I have hardwood in the bedrooms, dining room and living room and I love it. My dad, uncle and grandfather put it down back in the 50's so it's real wood - which means it has to be washed/waxed/dusted often (total PITA). My parents are putting down that laminated flooring in their dining room, living room and hall. It's supposed to be really low maintenance (which you know I would love).

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates