Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Movement

At this point I'm relatively certain that I've been feeling the baby move now and then. It's truly difficult to tell the difference between gas and baby movement, but there is a slight difference. The gas feels like a rolling movement and the baby feels like something poking me from within. It's really a very neat sensation to know that this precious life is already strong enough to be felt. I've been having shortness of breath and have been having a harder time eating a full meal. I asked Dr. Smith about these things and she assured me that it was because the uterus and baby are taking up more room. My lungs aren't able to expand completely. This will surely only get worse as time goes on, but will be alleviated when the baby is delivered. I've also been having some lower back pain. It hurts when I sit, when I stand, and when I lay down. I'm sure that that too will get worse, but will also be over once the baby is born. We find out two weeks from tomorrow if this baby is a girl or a boy. :) We are quite excited! We've already registered for some of the basics online at Target. It's habit-forming for me to look at all of the reviews and try to decide what's best for our child! I want to be sure that everything that we bring into our home for this baby is safe and recommended.

2 comments:

Cori said...

I never really had a hard time determining the difference between gas and movement. When I first started noticing it, Katie would move either right before or right after a gas bubble, and I was able to feel the difference. I am sure what you are feeling is movement! I have been feeling her since the middle of week 15. I am just starting to feel her on the outside but only if I barely put my hand to my stomach and wait patiently. Noone else can feel her, though, because I can also feel it on the inside. So, I know exactly where and what I am feeling for.

Isn't this just wonderful?!?!

Lyndsey said...

It's truly an amazing thing! I love it!

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates