Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back to School Shopping

I've come to the realization that back to school shopping is not nearly as fun when you're pregnant. I'm now officially in my 6th month of pregnancy and am having some slight issues. Issue #1. Regular clothes don't really fit. I've been lucky enough to find some non-maternity shirts that should last for a good bit of the final 17 weeks of pregnancy, but I'm sure that I'll need more in a few weeks. Issue #2. Many of the maternity clothes out there either look like they are mad for old ladies or young frumpy ones. Issue #3. I can find cute maternity clothes at Motherhood Maternity, but their small sizes (which is what I need) don't actually fit my breasts any more. I haven't grown enough anywhere else to need a medium, but the smalls are made for smaller breasts. Issue #4. I'm cheap. I can't imagine paying a lot of money for something that I'm only going to be wearing for a few more months.
Aside from those clothing issues, I'm also planning my return to normal clothes. Camden is due on December 15. I'm giving myself until Summer to fit back into my old clothes. That's 6 months. This means some serious work. Hopefully, I'll be one of the lucky ones and will shed the pounds quickly with breastfeeding and healthy eating. To lose 30lbs between May 2008 and January 2009 only took healthy eating and a minimal amount of walking, so we'll see. I'm ok if my hips spread and those old jeans don't fit, but I'm already tired of my tummy sticking out further than my breasts and it's only been that way for a few weeks. Thus far I've gained about 21 lbs. This is certainly more than the weight that most of those advice about pregnancy websites recommend, but my doctor says that I'm on track. She expects a gain of about one lb per week, in which case I'm 2 lbs behind. Ha, I'm sure that I'll make that up in the last weeks of pregnancy when Thanksgiving and Christmas are upon us. Love love love the foods from that time of the year.

3 comments:

Cori said...

I have been fortunate enough to have a lot of my maternity clothes bought for me from my mother or my mother-in-law. Matt and I haven't had to spend too much money. As for the boobage issue - I was really small chested to begin with, so shirts actually fit me better now! It has been a NICE change - one that hopefully will stick around after Katie is born!

Lyndsey said...

I know a lot of people with whom I've spoken have said that their breasts did in fact stay larger! Good luck in that! I hope mine go away :) Grass is always greener, I suppose!

Beverly said...

try shopping at upscale consignment shops in larger cities like Tulsa. I would also say try looking on ebay too! you can buy brand new name brand stuff for next to nothing. there's no reason you can't wear cute maternity clothes and then resell them online or at a consignment shop when you're done w/ them.

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates